Job title: Laravel Developer
Reporting to: Lead Developer
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Superior Wellness team based at our Head Office in Chesterfield. We are looking for an experienced Laravel Developer to join our growing development team. This is a newly created hybrid role and you will be working as part of our in-house team to maintain and improve our internal software and other solutions.
This role would suit a developer with a minimum of three years experience working with Laravel in a commercial environment. If you are highly passionate, organised, customer focused and dynamic we would love to hear from you. You will be a team player, able to multitask in a busy environment, and a self-motivated individual with great development skills.
Problem solving and an eye for detail are a must. The right candidate will be able to move from one task to another seamlessly within a Laravel environment and not be daunted by working with scale.
Role & Responsibilities:
Some of the key responsibilities of this role are detailed below:
- To produce clean and well tested code and demonstrate a strong understanding of modern software design principles.
- Enhancement of our existing software including carrying out updates to the system.
- Working closely with all areas of the business to progress internal software and procedures.
- Scoping and writing technical briefs for both larger scale projects and smaller functionality based changes to the software.
- Ongoing bug fixing.
- Working with and supporting other members of the development team to help bring them forwards in their own development journey.
- Have an excellent understanding of the Laravel ecosystem and how this fits into modern web based development.
- Keeping up to date with the latest changes within the Laravel ecosystem.
- Mobile, tablet and desktop responsive website creation.
- Further ad hoc responsibilities within the development team.
- Motivated individual that is able to work independently and within a team with a high level of personal drive.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multitask with numerous projects.
- Being able to understand a technical problem and be forward thinking in terms of solutions to problems before they happen.
- Be able to question and take enquiries from colleagues and turn these into meaningful technical briefs to guide development of new areas of functionality.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Capable of understanding and implementing web design briefs.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Confident with commercial awareness and customer focused.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience of working with Laravel.
- Experience of integrating with other systems/platforms via REST APIs.
- Have knowledge and practice in writing optimised queries to reduce front end load times.
- Understand our focus on usability, UX and UI with a determination to improve our software.
- A strong understanding of web protocols.
- Experience of seeing a web software development from start to finish with key milestones being met.
- Experience of implementing responsive & adaptive websites for all devices, understanding cross-browser/cross-platform issues that occur.
- An understanding of Git Version Control and how this fits into software development.
- Experience of deploying sites within a CI/CD environment.
- Being able to maintain brand identity through use of design consistency – consistency of colours and icons to encourage and assist the user through their journey.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Fluency in English.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Driving Licence.
About Superior Wellness:
We lead the market as the world’s fastest growing hot tub manufacturer and create premium, high quality products focused on improving your health and well-being.
An innovative manufacturer and distributor, importing from several countries to offer a global choice of hot tubs, swim spas, saunas and ice baths plus other related products to our trade and retail customers.
We help our partner network and team members grow. Everything we do is beyond expectations. Our vision is to be the world market leader in hot tubs and swim spas, offering a global choice of high-quality products and commended for our focus on wellness and best in class customer experience.
Core Values – Candidates must match our company team values:
- Discipline – We get things done efficiently and effectively
- Responsibility – We own the problems and solve them
- Consistency – We are better today than yesterday
- Trust – Delivering exceptional service beyond expectations
- Integrity – We do what we say we will
- Team – We work together, respect each other, be honest and protect the team
- Salary up to £40k per annum dependent on experience.
- 31 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
- Annual reward scheme
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Annual percentage pay increase award scheme* (*eligible after successful completion of probation period)
- 13% company-wide bonus scheme* (* eligible after 6 months continuous service)
- Reward, recognition and wellness programme
- Discounted healthy meals
- Healthy breakfast options provided including fresh fruit
- Fantastic career opportunities
- Onsite parking
- Sky Lounge breakout games room with Zen Garden
- Team wellness working areas
- Onsite fully equipped gymnasium and fitness classes
Superior Wellness Ltd prides itself in being an equal opportunities employer.
In line with the GDPR regulations 25th May 2018, we will keep your personal details for the purpose and limitation of our recruitment process only and will be destroyed in the event you are unsuccessful for this role. We will not share any of your personal information with any third-party companies.