We’re looking for a local sales and marketing expert with an ability to drive customers into store, onto the phone, email, or digital messaging to join our growing team.
The ideal candidate will be a resilient, motivated ‘go getter’ and ooze enthusiasm and excel serving our customers. You will be a shopkeeper at heart and love talking to and encouraging customers to buy from us.
This role is based within the multi-channel E-Commerce function for one of the fastest growing businesses in its sector.
The Sales and Showroom Manager will run the Wellness Companies’ showroom in Chesterfield and manage all incoming messages whether it be by phone, email and digital means.
You will be an outstanding marketeer at heart and you will use all digital and analogue available channels to market the product within a 50-mile radius of the showroom and manage traffic incoming nationwide.
You will be highly focused on the detail, looking to drive traffic through the showroom 12 months of the year proposing new and developing existing ranges and strategies to drive footfall to The Wellness Company showroom. Your number one focus will be exceeding the agreed sales and profitability targets.
- You will maintain our Chesterfield showroom to the very highest standards. Creating a destination showroom for customers within a 50-mile radius and beyond.
- You will manage all communication incoming and outgoing to our retail customers.
- You will be responsible for sales conversion and marketing our proposition across all marketing channels.
- You will be the go-to person for the showroom and retail sales.
- The showroom displays, design and standards will be yours to own. Plus all POS will be maintained by yourself, and all products must be clearly and accurately priced to meet our margin expectations.
- You will own our local digital marketplace channels and use these to drive interest and sales.
- Put our customers first by personally driving consistent service standards and compliance at all times.
- Demonstrate commitment to the company values, by your own behaviour or our colleagues.
- Develop local customer knowledge and local competitor awareness.
- Maintain a safe environment for our customers and colleagues through initiative-taking management and compliance with all health & safety and legal requirements.
- Demonstrate a strong commercial awareness, maintaining cost and retail prices and exceeding our margin expectations.
- Comfortably reporting periodically on performance.
- Maintain the environment managing and balancing our environmental targets whilst keeping the space comfortable for our customers.
- Excellent communication and people skills with customers and colleagues.
- Responsible for and deliver continuous retail improvement initiatives.
- Create or maintain ‘Miro’ style boards for all retail processes.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and web traders to ensure we have a seamless proposition on and off-line and our pricing is synchronised to ensure we are legally compliant.
- We are open when the customers need us so Saturday working 10:00AM -1:00PM is essential and concierge timed appointments out of hours on a Sunday. This time will be managed with the team and time off in lieu will be arrange on an ad hoc basis.
- Maintain the very highest merchandising standards on the shop floor creating an exciting and engaging environment.
- Retail and/or multi-channel experience.
- In-depth knowledge of retail processes.
- A willingness to live by our guiding prices.
- Computer literate with experience working with Excel.
- Proven experience in a ‘start up or fast growing’ business.
- Strong leadership skills, team building skills, effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft, retail payment systems, keeping sales records.
- Understanding stock reports.
- Operational ecommerce expertise.
- Managed own business.
- Managed own store.
- Marketplace management.
- Managed a community on social media.
- CMS Experience.
Core Values – Candidates must match our company team values:
- Discipline – We get things done efficiently and effectively.
- Responsibility – We own the problems and solve them.
- Consistency – We are better today than yesterday.
- Trust – Delivering exceptional service beyond expectations.
- Integrity – We do what we say we will.
- Team – We work together, respect each other, be honest and protect the team.
- Salary up to £28-30k per annum dependent on experience.
- 31 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays).
- Annual reward scheme.
- Annual leave purchase scheme.
- Annual percentage pay increase award scheme* (*eligible after successful completion of probation period).
- 13% company-wide bonus scheme* (*eligible after 6 months continuous service).
- Reward, recognition, and wellness programme.
- Discounted healthy meals.
- Healthy breakfast options provided including fresh fruit.
- Fantastic career opportunities.
- Onsite parking.
- Sky Lounge breakout games room with Zen Garden.
- Team wellness working areas.
- Onsite fully equipped gymnasium and fitness classes.
The above is an overview of the key accountabilities and criteria of the role, but is not exhaustive and The Wellness Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove certain role descriptors or criteria.